I remember reading a blog post from Seth Godin that went along like this … (trucking emphasis added).
If I had to pick one piece of driver recruitment advice to give you, this would be it.
Make something happen.
Make something happen today, before you go home, before the end of the week.
Launch that driver recruitment idea, post that post, run that ad, call that driver.
Go to the edge, that edge you’ve been holding back from… and do it today.
Without waiting for your general consensus or your boss or the market. Just go.
- The best time to start is when your trucks are ALL seated.
- The best time to start is when NONE of your trucks are seated.
- The best time to start is when everything at home is stable and you can really focus.
- The best time to start is when you’re out of debt.
- The best time to start is when the political environment is more stable
- The best time to start is when freight is paying more
- The best time to start is when “you can afford it”
Wait. As you already know…
The best time to start was last year. The second best time to start is right now.
Register for the Driver Recruitment Blueprint Webinar
Amrit is the founder of GetTruckDrivers.com and a Trucking Consultant who has helped North America’s largest trucking businesses to grow exponentially. His area of expertise lies in driver recruitment and customer acquisition for ethical fleet owners.